- We are planning our first ever Cajun Relief Foundation 2018 Calendar! More information will be coming soon.
- Count-down to our offsite. If you haven’t booked your room please do so soon.
- If you have anyone that is interested in volunteering with us, please be aware of the process of onboarding:
- Any volunteer MUST be vetted by Melissa. Please send her the person’s Name, Phone number and Email address and she will contact them as soon as she is able.
- All volunteers must go to http://www.cajunrelief.org/volunteer to register to be a volunteer
- Once Melissa approves, and we have the volunteer in our system, Anoukin needs to know. Anoukin will then send the Non-disclosure document to the person.
- Once the NDA is signed and returned, Anoukin will setup the volunteer’s email address and give them access to Workplace, as approved by Rob and Melissa
- Volunteers will then be turned over to Tarah for intake training or to another lead for training in that area
- Also our event with the Littles is coming up on 10/22. Please go and like the event and share!
- If you are on LinkedIn, please go and connect with our page: The Cajun Relief Foundation
- Our shop is up and running. People can buy car decals, t-shirts and Ms. Donna’s print. Please try to get people to our website so they can buy!! http://www.cajunrelief.org/shop/
Strategic Partnerships Updates
- Laurie Wood talk about Noggin and optimizing it for PR
- Melissa connected our purchasing volunteer with Tiffani and Nick to organize all the resources and looking at warehouse space
- Our amazing new purchasing volunteer is looking into laws in Texas and Florida. We need warehouse space and need to understand what needs to be done in each state.
- We have updated our Cajun Relief in the News page on our website- go check it out!
- We are now officially working with CrisisCleanup and we are very excited for this partnership.
- We are still recruiting Volunteers in Houston, Baton Rouge and South Florida. If you know of people that are good writers and photographers- WE NEED THEM ASAP. Please have them go http://www.cajunrelief.org/volunteer and let Melissa know so she can vet them. We have 6 new volunteers that will be writers- Melissa is training them.
- We are thrilled to be working with Kohl’s department stores on an amazing relief effort for Houston!! We will be out on 10/23 in Houston at 2 locations. Location information is has been submitted to Kohls. We are working supplies and organizing all efforts.
- Conferenced with Elizabeth from Kohls. Monday Oct. 23rd has been confirmed as the date for the rebuild with their volunteers
- We are VERY EXCITED to announce that we won a $5000 grant from Vocal Minority! Hopefully we have more grant/ donations coming soon!!
- We are very excited to announce that we are partnered with Roseland Oil and Gas!! Expo is next week and the team is prepping.
- We are always looking for more corporate partners. Please let Aschley know of any ideas you may have.
www.Cajunrelif.org Update/ Technology Update
- Workplace BOT is being researched. Looking good so far- more details to come soon.
- We are looking into an SMS partner. We want to be able to send out announcements and updates to our followers. Taylor is working on this and should have an update soon!
- We are also going to have a digital ID card- this is late this week. Physical cards will be mailed out tomorrow!
- Brock is working on re-doing the main page of the website- Rob and Melissa to review and will be published soon.
Team + Tiger Update
- Tiger made contact with another group in Auadilla
- The team is requisitioning supplies from the Mayor in Moca
- Army intel asset is working with Tiger in Anasco and will help Tiger to develop logistical grid to coordinate supply chains
Field Operations Update- Bill Holmberg
Bill and team took a much need day off today.
Marathon Key- A few ongoing initiatives:
- School Children- 2 truck-loads of school supplies coming in, latest one delivered yesterday and another truck coming next week. Teachers are requesting several hundred uniforms for the children if you know anyone that can help, contact Bill!
- Distribution- getting out into the low-income neighborhoods with food/water- and moving on to the cleaning supplies- we have a dozen pallets of buckets of cleaning supplies and are being handed out door-to-door, along with hygiene items and paper products
- 10 pallets worth of items were distributed today. We have another 20 pallet full- trucks coming in from three states with more supplies.
- Trying to find an area to put up a “tent city” so that we can bring in volunteers and transition to a construction phase for low-income areas.