- Our team offsite is coming up! If you haven’t booked your room please do so. Agenda will be published Monday!! Melissa has been working to get this all setup and shout out to Ruby for her help!
- If you have anyone that is interested in volunteering with us, please be aware of the process of on-boarding:
- Any volunteer MUST be vetted by Melissa. Please send her the person’s Name, Phone number and Email address and she will contact them as soon as she is able.
- All volunteers must go to http://www.cajunrelief.org/volunteer to register to be a volunteer
- Once Melissa approves, and we have the volunteer in our system, Anoukin needs to know. Anoukin will then send the Non-disclosure document to the person.
- Once the NDA is signed and returned, Anoukin will setup the volunteer’s email address and give them access to Workplace, as approved by Rob and Melissa
- Volunteers will then be turned over to Tarah for intake training or to another lead for training in that area
- We have 2 events going on- please go to our FB page and like both events, mark yourself as interested and share, share, share!
- If you are on LinkedIn, please go and connect with our page: The Cajun Relief Foundation
- Our shop is up and running. People can buy car decals, t-shirts and Ms. Donna’s print. Please try to get people to our website so they can buy!! http://www.cajunrelief.org/shop/
Strategic Partnerships Updates
- Melissa has been coordinating with the Field Ops Director on accommodations. Working with hotel and Senator Rubio’s office to provide future accommodations.
- Melissa is working with Taylor and Jason Reynolds on working with CrisisClean-up for the potential flood in New Orleans. Jason is moving forward with relationships on the ground.
- Working with Taylor to finalize ID badges
- Pre-paid phones have been shipped out to Tarah and Tiffani- Our Case Managers. Be on the lookout!
- Melissa has been reworking blog articles to be posted on Cajun Relief site.
- Melissa is working with volunteers on the ground to post stories on social media
- Melissa finalized with the call-center. Our phone number has been re-activated again. Business cards for the case managers and cards to be handed out to victims have been finished and will be printed tomorrow- Case Managers be on the lookout for updates.
- We are still recruiting Volunteers. If you know of people that are good writers and photographers- WE NEED THEM ASAP. Please have them go http://www.cajunrelief.org/volunteer and let Melissa know so she can vet them.
- Melissa has also been trying to price list together for tents for Bill out in the Keys
- We are thrilled to be working with Kohl’s department stores on an amazing relief effort for Houston!! Dates and times will be ready for booking tomorrow.
- We are very excited to announce that we are partnered with Roseland Oil and Gas!! This is a big opportunity and big props to Aschley for making the connection!
- Denny is the Owner of Roseland Oil and Gas and will be joining our board!
- Convention and Tradeshow is 10/17-18 in Midland, TX. This event will also benefit us- we will have a booth, etc.
- Looking at scheduling more shows with Roseland
- Brock has added a new page to our website go check it out “Cajun Relief in the Press” at http://cajunrelief.org/cajun-relief-in-the-press/
- Brock is working on re-doing the main page of the website. This continues to be in progress- excited to see this when it gets done!
- Most importantly, Brock is working on an info-graphic to display our on-boarding process. These will be printed out and ready to be given to relief victims. THIS IS HUGE and we really need to get these in the hands of victims so we can help them!
Team + Tiger Update
- Tiger is out in Puerto Rico and doing amazing Facebook LIVE posts. When he does, please like and SHARE! He is providing critical information that needs to be shared by everyone. Cajun Relief really supports him and all of his efforts- we need money to help keep him doing what he is amazing at and by sharing his posts, people will hopefully donate.
- Flash flood warnings until Friday evening- flash flood warning with dam failure. They are releasing a little bit of water at a time to keep the water under control. Military has been dispatched to help keep the water from spilling over.
- They are working NW area of the island around Ponce- which is where we can drop supplies at. Trying to see if we can find someone to fly in supplies to the area. They are in desperate need for potable water- there isn’t clean water- food, drinking water and medical supplies. All of the essentials are needed but water is the most important.
Field Operations Update- Bill Holmberg
Marathon Key- A few ongoing initiatives:
- School Children- 2 truck-loads of school supplies coming in, latest one delivered yesterday and another truck coming next week. Teachers are requesting several hundred uniforms for the children if you know anyone that can help, contact Bill!
- Distribution- getting out into the low-income neighborhoods with food/water- and moving on to the cleaning supplies- we have a dozen pallets of buckets of cleaning supplies and are being handed out door-to-door, along with hygiene items and paper products
- 10 pallets worth of items were distributed today. We have another 20 pallet full- trucks coming in from three states with more supplies.
- Trying to find an area to put up a “tent city” so that we can bring in volunteers and transition to a construction phase for low-income areas.