[give_form id=”1676″ show_title=”true” show_content=”below” display_style=”button”]
- We are planning our first ever Cajun Relief Foundation 2018 Calendar! More information will be coming soon.
- Agenda has been posted for our 1st Offsite on 10/20
- If you have anyone that is interested in volunteering with us, please be aware of the process of onboarding:
- Any volunteer MUST be vetted by Melissa. Please send her the person’s Name, Phone number and Email address and she will contact them as soon as she is able.
- All volunteers must go to http://www.cajunrelief.org/volunteer to register to be a volunteer
- Once Melissa approves, and we have the volunteer in our system, Anoukin needs to know. Anoukin will then send the Non-disclosure document to the person.
- Once the NDA is signed and returned, Anoukin will setup the volunteer’s email address and give them access to Workplace, as approved by Rob and Melissa
- Volunteers will then be turned over to Tarah for intake training or to another lead for training in that area
- We have an intake event coming up with Tarah and Tiffani- please go to our FB page and like the event, mark yourself as interested and share, share, share!
- Also our event with the Littles is coming up on 10/22. Please go and like the event and share!
- If you are on LinkedIn, please go and connect with our page: The Cajun Relief Foundation
- Our shop is up and running. People can buy car decals, t-shirts and Ms. Donna’s print. Please try to get people to our website so they can buy!! http://www.cajunrelief.org/shop/
Strategic Partnerships Updates
- Our amazing new purchasing volunteer is looking into laws in Texas and Florida. We need warehouse space and need to understand what needs to be done in each state.
- We have updated our Cajun Relief in the News page on our website- go check it out!
- Maradeth will be taking on all of our new blogs and we have setup our content tool Reviuu
- Meeting to discuss logistics and partner groups for Kohls rebuild scheduled for this evening
- We are now officially working with CrisisCleanup and we are very excited for this partnership.
- We are still recruiting Volunteers in Houston, Baton Rouge and South Florida. If you know of people that are good writers and photographers- WE NEED THEM ASAP. Please have them go http://www.cajunrelief.org/volunteer and let Melissa know so she can vet them. We have 6 new volunteers that will be writers- Melissa is training them.
- We are thrilled to be working with Kohl’s department stores on an amazing relief effort for Houston!! We will be out on 10/23 in Houston at 2 locations. Location information is has been submitted to Kohls. We are working supplies and organizing all efforts.
- Conferenced with Elizabeth from Kohls. Monday Oct. 23rd has been confirmed as the date for the rebuild with their volunteers
- We are VERY EXCITED to announce that we won a $5000 grant from Vocal Minority! Hopefully we have more grant/ donations coming soon!!
- We are very excited to announce that we are partnered with Roseland Oil and Gas!! Expo is next week and the team is prepping.
- We are always looking for more corporate partners. Please let Aschley know of any ideas you may have.
www.Cajunrelif.org Update/ Technology Update
- Workplace BOT is being researched. Looking good so far- more details to come soon.
- We are looking into an SMS partner. We want to be able to send out announcements and updates to our followers. Taylor is working on this and should have an update soon!
- We are also going to have a digital ID card- this is late this week. Physical cards will be mailed out tomorrow!
- Brock is working on re-doing the main page of the website- Rob and Melissa to review and will be published soon.
Team + Tiger Update
- Tiger is out in Puerto Rico and doing amazing Facebook LIVE posts. When he does, please like and SHARE! He is providing critical information that needs to be shared by everyone. Cajun Relief really supports him and all of his efforts- we need money to help keep him doing what he is amazing at and by sharing his posts, people will hopefully donate. Update: Tiger and team are starting to get low on funds. If people would like to donate please let us know.
- No further updates today- Nick was not reachable.
Field Operations Update- Bill Holmberg
Bill and team sorted, packed, delivered and distributed 21 pallets of various aid items. Keep up the amazing work!
Marathon Key- A few ongoing initiatives:
- School Children- 2 truck-loads of school supplies coming in, latest one delivered yesterday and another truck coming next week. Teachers are requesting several hundred uniforms for the children if you know anyone that can help, contact Bill!
- Distribution- getting out into the low-income neighborhoods with food/water- and moving on to the cleaning supplies- we have a dozen pallets of buckets of cleaning supplies and are being handed out door-to-door, along with hygiene items and paper products
- 10 pallets worth of items were distributed today. We have another 20 pallet full- trucks coming in from three states with more supplies.
- Trying to find an area to put up a “tent city” so that we can bring in volunteers and transition to a construction phase for low-income areas.