[give_form id=”1676″ show_title=”true” show_content=”below” display_style=”button” continue_button_title=”Donate”]Reminders:
- We will start to have a twice-weekly operations call. Please join us every Tuesday and Thursday at 9pmcst
- Conference Room has been setup for our offsite on 10/20 and agenda will be published soon. Please book your room as soon as possible.
- If you have anyone that is interested in volunteering with us, please be aware of the process of onboarding:
- Any volunteer MUST be vetted by Melissa. Please send her the person’s Name, Phone number and Email address and she will contact them as soon as she is able.
- All volunteers must go to http://www.cajunrelief.org/volunteer to register to be a volunteer
- Once Melissa approves, and we have the volunteer in our system, Anoukin needs to know. Anoukin will then send the Non-disclosure document to the person.
- Once the NDA is signed and returned, Anoukin will setup the volunteer’s email address and give them access to Workplace, as approved by Rob and Melissa
- Volunteers will then be turned over to Tarah for intake training or to another lead for training in that area
- We have 2 events going on- please go to our FB page and like both events, mark yourself as interested and share, share, share!
- If you are on LinkedIn, please go and connect with our page: The Cajun Relief Foundation
- Our shop is up and running. People can buy car decals, t-shirts and Ms. Donna’s print. Please try to get people to our website so they can buy!! http://www.cajunrelief.org/shop/
Strategic Partnerships Updates
- Rob/ Jason had a conversation about the relationship between Crowd Relief, Texas Navy and Cajun Relief and the future of them.
- This morning Rob spoke to one of the Louisiana cases that we were working and they still haven’t recovered. We are reaching out to help them.
- Melissa has been coordinating with the Field Ops Director on accommodations. Senator Rubio’s office is working with the Red Cross
- We are now officially working with CrisisCleanup and we are very excited for this partnership.
- Melissa is working with Taylor to finalize ID badges- waiting for the proofs.
- Melissa has been working a blog article to be posted on Cajun Relief site- waiting for photographs
- Melissa is working with volunteers on the ground to post stories on social media
- Call-center phone number is (225) 224-0591. Business cards for the case managers and cards to be handed out to victims have been finished and will be sent to the printer today.
- We are still recruiting Volunteers. If you know of people that are good writers and photographers- WE NEED THEM ASAP. Please have them go http://www.cajunrelief.org/volunteer and let Melissa know so she can vet them.
- Melissa has also been trying to price list together for tents for Bill out in the Keys.
- We are thrilled to be working with Kohl’s department stores on an amazing relief effort for Houston!! We will be out on 10/23 in Houston at 2 locations. Location information is TBD.
- We are very excited to announce that we are partnered with Roseland Oil and Gas!! This is a big opportunity and big props to Aschley for making the connection!
- Denny is the Owner of Roseland Oil and Gas and will be joining our board!
- Convention and Tradeshow is 10/17-18 in Midland, TX. This event will also benefit us- we will have a booth, etc.
- Looking at scheduling more shows with Roseland
www.Cajunrelif.org Update/ Technology Update
- We are looking into an SMS partner. We want to be able to send out announcements and updates to our followers. Taylor is working on this and should have an update soon!
- We are also going to have a digital ID card- this is coming soon.
- We have re-jigged the nav bar on www.cajunrelief.org
- Brock is working on re-doing the main page of the website and is expected to be finished tonight.
- We are adding a lot of news articles/ press articles that covered CajunRelief on the website. Go check them out!
- Most importantly, Brock has finished the info-graphic to display our on-boarding process. These will be printed today and ready to be given to relief victims. THIS IS HUGE and we really need to get these in the hands of victims so we can help them!
Team + Tiger Update
- Tiger is out in Puerto Rico and doing amazing Facebook LIVE posts. When he does, please like and SHARE! He is providing critical information that needs to be shared by everyone. Cajun Relief really supports him and all of his efforts- we need money to help keep him doing what he is amazing at and by sharing his posts, people will hopefully donate.
- Flash flood warnings until Friday evening- flash flood warning with dam failure. They are releasing a little bit of water at a time to keep the water under control. Military has been dispatched to help keep the water from spilling over. Controlled release is holding up for now.
- They are working NW area of the island around Ponce- which is where we can drop supplies at. Trying to see if we can find someone to fly in supplies to the area. They are in desperate need for potable water- there isn’t clean water- food, drinking water and medical supplies. All of the essentials are needed but water is the most important.
- Group of passengers that need medical assistance or women+ children ready to pick them in the states. Flights with passengers should be in by 10pm- to take the passengers to Miami, Fl.
- They are going to try get to get to San Juan and send everything images- so they can have WIFI
- We have heard that about 15.3% of Puerto Rico is diabetic and they need insulin. There is very little communication, little food and resources to help balance out blood sugars.
Field Operations Update- Bill Holmberg
Bill met with the Mayor of Marathon and Senator Rubio’s office trying to figure out how to bring in volunteers in a tent city.
Coalition Hope has been working closely with Bill- working with the Miami Heat Foundation to earn a $1 million dollar grant to continue to help the people of Marathon.
A lot of relief organizations are starting to pulling out. 4-500 folks have no electricity or homes in ruin. Bill is trying to work coalition hope to get this cleaned-up.
Marathon Key- A few ongoing initiatives:
- School Children- 2 truck-loads of school supplies coming in, latest one delivered yesterday and another truck coming next week. Teachers are requesting several hundred uniforms for the children if you know anyone that can help, contact Bill!
- Distribution- getting out into the low-income neighborhoods with food/water- and moving on to the cleaning supplies- we have a dozen pallets of buckets of cleaning supplies and are being handed out door-to-door, along with hygiene items and paper products
- 10 pallets worth of items were distributed today. We have another 20 pallet full- trucks coming in from three states with more supplies.
- Trying to find an area to put up a “tent city” so that we can bring in volunteers and transition to a construction phase for low-income areas.