[give_form id=”1676″ show_title=”true” show_content=”below” display_style=”button”] Reminders:
- We will start to have a twice-weekly operations call. Please join us every Tuesday and Thursday at 9pmcst
- Conference Room has been setup for our offsite on 10/20 and agenda will be published soon. Please book your room as soon as possible.
- If you have anyone that is interested in volunteering with us, please be aware of the process of onboarding:
- Any volunteer MUST be vetted by Melissa. Please send her the person’s Name, Phone number and Email address and she will contact them as soon as she is able.
- All volunteers must go to http://www.cajunrelief.org/volunteer to register to be a volunteer
- Once Melissa approves, and we have the volunteer in our system, Anoukin needs to know. Anoukin will then send the Non-disclosure document to the person.
- Once the NDA is signed and returned, Anoukin will setup the volunteer’s email address and give them access to Workplace, as approved by Rob and Melissa
- Volunteers will then be turned over to Tarah for intake training or to another lead for training in that area
- We have 1 upcoming event coming up- please go to our FB page and like both events, mark yourself as interested and share, share, share!
- If you are on LinkedIn, please go and connect with our page: The Cajun Relief Foundation
- Our shop is up and running. People can buy car decals, t-shirts and Ms. Donna’s print. Please try to get people to our website so they can buy!! http://www.cajunrelief.org/shop/
Bucket Brigade Updates
- We had an amazingly successful Bucket Brigade event today in Florida! HUGE thank you to Tarah and Tiffani for all of the hard work in making this campaign so successful! GREAT JOB Ladies!
Strategic Partnerships Updates
- Melissa confirmed with the Red Cross that Bill and team will be able to stay in their camp through 10/21. Meetings this week will determine how far out we can extend this arrangement. Melissa is reaching out to rental properties for possible back-up.
- Melissa conference with Anoukin and Aschley about information to be passed to Elizabeth for her meeting tomorrow with Kohls.
- We are now officially working with CrisisCleanup and we are very excited for this partnership.
- Melissa is working with Taylor to finalize ID badges- waiting for the proofs.
- Melissa has been working a blog article to be posted on Cajun Relief site- waiting for photographs
- Melissa is working with volunteers on the ground to post stories on social media
- Adding group to Workplace for campaign staff with writing guidelines to be posted
- We are still recruiting Volunteers in Houston, Baton Rouge and South Florida. If you know of people that are good writers and photographers- WE NEED THEM ASAP. Please have them go http://www.cajunrelief.org/volunteer and let Melissa know so she can vet them. We have 6 new volunteers that will be writers- Melissa is training them.
- We are thrilled to be working with Kohl’s department stores on an amazing relief effort for Houston!! We will be out on 10/23 in Houston at 2 locations. Location information is TBD.
- We are very excited to announce that we are partnered with Roseland Oil and Gas!! This is a big opportunity and big props to Aschley for making the connection!
- Denny is the Owner of Roseland Oil and Gas and will be joining our board!
- Convention and Tradeshow is 10/17-18 in Midland, TX. This event will also benefit us- we will have a booth, etc.
- Looking at scheduling more shows with Roseland
www.Cajunrelif.org Update/ Technology Update
- We are looking into an SMS partner. We want to be able to send out announcements and updates to our followers. Taylor is working on this and should have an update soon!
- We are also going to have a digital ID card- this is late this week. Physical ID cards are in the template process and should be finished this week.
- Brock is working on re-doing the main page of the website- Rob and Melissa to review and will be published soon.
- Brock has finished the info-graphic to display our onboarding process. These have been sent to the printer and will be sent to Tarah and Tiffani.
Team + Tiger Update
- Mark Anthony (the singer) spoke with Tiger and they are trying to get some funds sent.
- A representative from the local school that they are working with- Tiger is taking them a generator since there is no electricity
- Trying to get more medical doctors flown in to help victims- some people need to be air-lifted and there is a supply shortage.
- Tiger is out in Puerto Rico and doing amazing Facebook LIVE posts. When he does, please like and SHARE! He is providing critical information that needs to be shared by everyone. Cajun Relief really supports him and all of his efforts- we need money to help keep him doing what he is amazing at and by sharing his posts, people will hopefully donate.
- They are working NW area of the island around Ponce- which is where we can drop supplies at. Trying to see if we can find someone to fly in supplies to the area. They are in desperate need for potable water- there isn’t clean water- food, drinking water and medical supplies. All of the essentials are needed but water is the most important.
- Group of passengers that need medical assistance or women+ children ready to pick them in the states. Flights with passengers should be in by 10pm- to take the passengers to Miami, Fl.
- They are going to try get to get to San Juan and send everything images- so they can have WIFI
- We have heard that about 15.3% of Puerto Rico is diabetic and they need insulin. There is very little communication, little food and resources to help balance out blood sugars.
Field Operations Update- Bill Holmberg
After a long time, the team had their first day off! Very well deserved.
Marathon Key- A few ongoing initiatives:
- School Children- 2 truck-loads of school supplies coming in, latest one delivered yesterday and another truck coming next week. Teachers are requesting several hundred uniforms for the children if you know anyone that can help, contact Bill!
- Distribution- getting out into the low-income neighborhoods with food/water- and moving on to the cleaning supplies- we have a dozen pallets of buckets of cleaning supplies and are being handed out door-to-door, along with hygiene items and paper products
- 10 pallets worth of items were distributed today. We have another 20 pallet full- trucks coming in from three states with more supplies.
- Trying to find an area to put up a “tent city” so that we can bring in volunteers and transition to a construction phase for low-income areas.